Citizenship: Republic of Kazakhstan
Date of birth: March 29, 1971
Date of election to the current board of directors: October 06, 2021
Independent Director of Fund of Problem Loans JSC, Chairman of the Committee of the Board of Directors of the Fund for Strategic Planning, Personnel and Remuneration, Social Issues, member of the Committee of the Board of Directors of the Internal Audit and Risk Management Fund. Bakhytzhan Akhmetov, is not an affiliate of the Fund and has not been one for the three years preceding his election to the Board of Directors, he is not an affiliated person in relation to affiliates of the Fund, not a government employee; not a representative of a shareholder of the Fund and has not been such within three years preceding his election to the Board of Directors; does not participate in the audit of this joint-stock company as an auditor working in an audit organization, and did not participate in such an audit for three years preceding his election to the Board of Directors.
• From 2013 to 2015 - Almaty University of Continuing Education. Specialty "Jurisprudence";
• From 1999 to 2002 - State University of Dundee (Great Britain) MBA.
• In 2010 - Academic degree: Candidate of Economic Sciences
Work experience over the past five years:
• From September 1, 2014 to the present - Fintex LLP - investment company. Position: Financial Director
• From 2014 to 2020 - KT Richesse Capital LLP. Position: Financial Consultant
• From September 24, 2014 to December 31, 2016 - National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Attorney in the Republic of Belarus.
Functions performed (on financial reporting issues):
• convenes meetings of the Committee, approve the agenda of meetings;
• distributes responsibilities among its members, gives them instructions related to in-depth study of the issue and preparation of materials for consideration at a meeting of the Committee;
• maintains constant contacts with members of the Board of Directors, members of the Management Board, in order to obtain the most complete and reliable information necessary for the Committee to make decisions, and to ensure their effective interaction with the Board of Directors;
• supervises the activities of the Secretary of the Committee
• other functions within the framework of consideration of issues within the competence of the Committee.
• Considers issues within the competence of the Internal Audit and Risk Management Committee, including:
• analysis and, if necessary, discussion with the external auditor of material issues arising / arising in the course of the independent external audit of the Fund;
• analysis of the results of audits of the Fund's activities carried out by an internal and / or external auditor and / or government bodies, if necessary, discussing them with the Fund's Management Board;
• implements independent control over the timeliness and completeness of the implementation of the Fund's measures to eliminate violations and shortcomings in the work identified by the internal / external auditor and / or government agencies, follow-up measures in relation to any cases of non-fulfillment, with the provision of relevant information to the Board of Directors;
• makes proposals aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of financial and economic activities;
• makes proposals aimed at improving the quality of risk management;
• submits recommendations to the Board of Directors on improving the internal audit procedures, improving the control system and management policy of the Fund.